At some point, Nasruddin was at the ruler's court when the lord went to him and stated, "Mulla Nasruddin, you are continually gloating about your insight and shrewdness. So let me know, would you be able to show your jackass how to peruse?" 

Nasruddin answered, "obviously! That is a significant simple assignment." 

"I don't trust you," said the lord. 

"I mean it and I can demonstrate it to you," said Nasruddin. 

The ruler stated, "OK take it on as a test, at that point?" 

"Totally," answered Nasruddin. "In the event that you give me 50,000 dollars at this moment, I ensure that before eight years' over, I will have shown my jackass how to peruse." 

The ruler stated, "Fine, I concur. Yet, my condition is that in the event that the jackass can't peruse by, at that point, I will have you placed in jail where you will be tormented each day." 

Them two consented to this arrangement and Nasruddin left for home. 

The following day, Nasruddin educated his companion regarding what had occurred at the ruler's court. His companion stated, "Nasruddin, how would you be able to ever consent to such an incomprehensible undertaking? You can't control your jackass enough to make it stop, and now you have ensured that in eight years you would have shown him how to peruse? It is highly unlikely you can get away from that jail sentence." 

"Unwind," answered Nasruddin tranquilly. "Eight years is quite a while, old buddy! By at that point, our lord will most likely be dead or he won't be in power any longer. Furthermore, regardless of whether he is as yet the ruler toward the finish of eight years, odds are that my jackass would be dead by at that point. More regrettable arrive at more terrible, if before seven years' over, both the lord and my jackass are alive, I will at present have one entire year to devise an arrangement to get away from discipline.