Ruler Vikram was given the obligation of bringing Betal to a tantric. Betal generally signifies 'abhorrent soul'. Each time Vikram attempted to catch Betal, it disclosed to him a story that finished with an enigma. On the off chance that Vikram couldn't address the inquiry effectively, Betal consented to stay in imprisonment. However, on the off chance that the ruler knew the appropriate response and still stayed silent, his head would blast into a thousand pieces. What's more, if King Vikram spoke, Betal would get away and come back to his tree. 

As King Vikramaditya conveyed Betal on his shoulders, Betal asked him, "What in a man, makes him higher than others? Tune in to my story and afterward let me know." And with that, he started another story. 

Quite a long time ago, the fair and great King Shoorsen administered the Kingdom of Magadha. One evening, lost in a chase, he went further and more profound into the backwoods, till he didn't have a clue where he was. Hearing a stirring sound close by, he unearthed a youngster. 

"I am Gunadhip, a vagrant who has been making a trip from town to town looking for work," said the youngster. "From your dress and gems, I can let you know are sovereignty, how could you end up in this backwoods?" 

In the wake of hearing the lord's story, Gunadhip guided the ruler out of the timberland securely. Intrigued by Gunadhip's tendency, he extended to him the employment opportunity of pastor in his court. 

Gunadhip was profoundly enamored with a youthful lady and needed the ruler to meet her. The lady was the most wonderful young lady the lord had ever observed. After being presented, the young lady bowed low and articulated , "It is my pleasure to meet you, King Shoorsen. I might want to wed you. I am sorry Gunadhip, yet it has consistently been my fantasy to live in a royal residence and I can do as such in the event that I wed the ruler." 

Gunadhip took a full breath and recovered. He went to the ruler and stated, "You are my lord and ace. In the event that you might want to wed her, I won't stop you." 

The ruler was amazed however gone to the lady and stated, "Do you not know who Gunadhip is? He is my priest and has his own castle with many house cleaners and workers. You will carry on with an existence of extravagance." 

Hearing this, the lady consented to wed Gunadhip. 

Betal asked King Vikramaditya, "Which man was higher and nobler for his activities? Lord Shoorsen or Gunadhip?" 

"Betal, King Shoorsen's obligations are to secure the government assistance of his kin, including Gunadhip. By persuading the lady to wed Gunadhip, he put the bliss of his subjects before his own, making him more respectable than Gunadhip." 

Betal chuckled, "Right you are, however since you have spoken, strong ruler, I will take off and come back to my peepul tree!"